Nago is located on the hillside of Mount Baldo, a unique natural oasis, serving as starting point for bike tours, trekking and free climbing on the most beautiful mountain tops around Lake Garda.
Nature has been generous to offer us a unique setting; we just have to decide what sport to challenge.
What sport do you like?
You can reach the bicycle trail directly from the garden of Hotel Garnì Francesco which takes you to all the most interesting bicycle itineraries: all-mountain, cross-country, downhill and many other types of tours offered by Garda Trentino.
If you bring your mountain bike or wish to book a bike shuttle service for a downhill tour, you are in the right place. We have thought of more services to offer you for your stay outdoors:
- Equipment for minor repairs, air compressor and cleaning area
- Maps and guides for your tours
- Deals with our partners for bicycle rentals and bike-shuttle services (for a fee)
Just a few steps from our Hotel Garnì Francesco, a pleasant and relaxing walk will take you to the Austro-Hungarian Fortresses, built in the 1860s where interesting exhibitions are held, as well as events during the whole year and where there are two fine restaurants. The fortresses have been restored magnificently and they are open to the public.
A pleasant walk through the forest where even strollers can be used, will take you to the ruins of Castle Penede standing on a rocky spur with a breath taking view to the lake.
Do miss out on the Giant's Kettle, easily reachable by foot from our Hotel Garnì Francesco just a few minutes among the long-standing olive trees with view to the lake. Glacial wells formed millions of years ago thanks to the erosion of rock with water where a practice wall is located for climbing enthusiasts with different pitches and difficulty levels.
Mount Corno is located right behind our Hotel Garnì Francesco where you can admire the beautiful views to Lake Garda and surrounding areas from Mount Baldo to Mount Altissimo, from Lake Loppio to Mount Brione.
Don't forget the magnificent walk on the old street dedicated to Saint Lucy that takes you to Busatte and Tempesta. Truly an unforgettable experience.
In addition to excursions by foot or by mountain bike. Just a few steps from the famous rock face "Belvedere" with a scenic view liked by all climbers who visit Garda Trentino where you can also climb.
Windsurf and sailing
Torbole is the world capital of windsurf thanks to its favourable windy conditions. The popular "Ora del Garda" along with the shape of the mountains provide endless wind to sails that ride through the lake You can leave your windsurf board safely with us while you prepare for your next sail in the lake!
Garda Trentino offers you a series of bike tours! Whether you like going on plains, mountains, rural villages or alpine lakes, as well as winding roads or simple roads, our region offers you all this and much more.
From lake Ledro to lake Idro and Toblino to then go through lake Tenno until reaching the Gorge of Tremosine where you can spend pleasant, unforgettable days.
Hotel Garnì Francesco has the finest service to suit all your motorcycle needs:
- Parking for cars and motorcycle carriages
- Area equipped for minor repairs, air compressor and cleaning area
- Maps and guides for your motorcycle tours
No excuses for not leaving at home your spirit for the outdoors!
HOW ABOUT THE RAIN??
Not everyone knows that...
- Rovereto can be reached by car or bus in just 20 minutes (free with the guest-card). A wonderful city where you can visit MART, the Campana dei Caduti (Bell of the Fallen) and the War Museum.
- Trento, the capital of the province, can be reached in just 40 minutes by car or bus (free with the guest-card). Here you can visit a major European museum: Muse; as well as the Buonconsiglio Castle and the Caproni Museum with its magnificent airplanes